If you're looking to pursue a career in science, Applied Science at Hopwood Hall College is a suite of courses that provide an educational foundation. You will also cover a wide range of topics with a high level of practical laboratory skills.
You will achieve a recognised qualification to enable you to move into employment or apply to study at degree or Higher National Diploma/Certificate level.
- Principles and applications of science I
- Practical scientific procedures and techniques
- Science investigation skills
- Laboratory techniques and their application
- Genetics and genetic engineering
- Application of organic chemistry
- Microbiology and microbiological techniques
- Principles and applications of science II
- Investigative project
- Contemporary issues in science
- Physiology of human body systems
- Biological molecules and metabolic pathways
- Practical chemical analysis
This course is taught at our Middleton campus.
I hope to one day work as a Doctor in A&E and studying at Hopwood Hall College has given me so much knowledge to make the steps towards. You get out what you put into your studies, I found that hard work, time management and focus helped me improve and achieve my full potential.
1 / 1