If you're looking to kickstart your exciting career in Dental Nursing, Hopwood Hall College is the place to start your journey.
With a focus on direct chairside work, you will support during a range of dental treatments and gain first-hand experience of the industry.
This course covers all the General Dental Council (GDC) learning outcomes for the Health National Occupational Standards (NOS) and upon completion will enable you to register with the GDC (pending approval).
Note: Students on this course are required to have three Hepatitis B
injections and a blood test prior to going on placement.
Topics on this course include:
- Health and safety in the dental environment
- Regulatory requirements in relation to the role of a dental nurse
- Reflect on and develop own practice as a dental nurse
- Oral health for individuals
- Prepare and maintain environments, instruments and equipment for clinical dental procedures
- Production of dental images
- Provide support during the provision of fixed and removable prosthesis
- First aid essentials
- Reducing risks to health and safety in the dental setting
- Principles of infection control in the dental environment
- Assess patients’ oral health
- Prevent and control periodontal disease and caries and the restoration of cavities
- Support nonsurgical endodontic treatment
- Support the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery
- Dental radiography
- Management of oral health diseases and dental procedures
You will be taught at our Rochdale campus.
Studying at our Rochdale campus...
Practical learning takes place in our state of the art dental examination room over at our Rochdale campus, giving you a look at real-life industry equipment.
I had a really good time studying at Hopwood Hall. They worked with me so that I could balance my motocross career with my studies and the people I met were great. My dad pushed me to study as he has always emphasised the importance of education.
1 / 1