Kickstart your career in Early Years at Hopwood Hall College where you'll embark on a comprehensive portfolio of competency-based programmes to meet your learning needs, ranging from Foundation level through to Level 5.
In addition to all core programmes, work placement experience is a mandatory requirement of the early years curriculum at level 2, 3 and higher.
All learners complete one or two full days a week in an early years/school setting and practical skills are assessed in the workplace by a vocational competent assessor.
All students will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning
- Professional development
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Working in partnership
- Keeping children safe
- Supporting children with additional needs
- Reflective practice
- Children’s development outdoors
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Care and health needs
- Career development
- Supporting emergent literacy
- Supporting emergent maths
- Preparing for school readiness
- International perspectives
- Promote positive behaviour in Early Years Settings
- Partnership working in the Early Years
You will be taught at our Rochdale campus.
Opening up opportunities...
If you are not yet clear on your ultimate career pathway, then our Early Years course is ideal to get to where you need to be, developing your skills and leading to a range of employment opportunities.
It could be your exciting first step towards a career as a Nursery Assistant, Early Years
Educator, Teaching Assistant, Youth Yorker, Assistant in Children’s Centres, Practitioner in Nursery Schools and Reception Classes.
College taught me a lot of important skills like academic writing and a wealth of knowledge on the educational development of children. I’ll never forget the feeling of making my tutors proud.
1 / 1