Health and Social Care
Develop the knowledge and skills needed when working with adults in health and social care environments, and progress to university or industry employment.
The course covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.
Courses consist of academic work within the college and practical work within the industry and entry is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Creative and leisure activities
- Health and Social Care needs
- Working in a team
- Effective communication
- Human lifespan development
- Healthy living
- Creative and therapeutic activities
- Equality, diversity and rights
- Work in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Enquiries into current research in Health and Social Care
- Meeting individual care and support needs
- Principles of safe practice in Health and Social Care
- Promoting public health
- Physiological disorders and their care
- Caring for individuals with dementia
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Psychological and sociological perspectives
This course is taught at both our Middleton and Rochdale campus.
Opening up opportunities...
If you are not yet clear on your ultimate career pathway, then our Health and Social Care course is an ideal qualification designed to develop your skills leading to a range of employment opportunities. It could be your exciting first step towards a career as a Care Worker, Residential Warden, Home Carer, Probation Officer, Welfare Counsellor, Nursing Assistant or Pharmaceutical Technician.
It was a great way to learn in the workplace and the work was varied which kept it interesting. You’ve got to make sure you put lots of effort into both the theory and practical sides. The challenges I encountered made me stronger and gave me chance to develop and learn from my mistakes.